Metal Foil Insulation Blankets
The metal foil insulation blanket has been the cornerstone of the Thermal Structures product base for almost 50 years, and we are among the world’s largest suppliers. Insulation material is encapsulated between stainless steel or Inconel metal foil skins. Skins are typically press formed to provide a precision fit with a mating housing surface. Foil blankets are usually designed to be removable for access to the component or structure underneath. Blanket sections are attached using lock wire, metal tie straps, Velcro, springs or latches. Typical applications include combustor cases, internal engine insulation, ducting and valves.
- Easy installation
- Superior durability of 321 stainless steel or Inconel superalloy skins to extend insulation life
- Insulation material protected from fluid ingression
- Capable of direct flame exposure
- Can be formed to fit complex contour shapes
- Can be washed with solvent or steam cleaned